Creating a website has become a smart business practice in the digital economy. In online marketing a web is the hub of all activities. Thus, the website has the potential to generate a lot of business. However, on an average 96% of website visitors leave without becoming a lead. This is due to the under utilization of resources.
A website can be transformed into a high performing market engine. Here are the commandments for creating an awesome lead-generating website:
- Using power words which act as powerful action verbs are strong compellers. This directly affects the consumers as it places them on the receiving end.
- There should be no confusion. In spite of graphics or videos the CTA buttons should be clearly and simply labelled.
- Make an irresistible free offer to capture data for leads. Provide valuable content information which is exclusive about your industry across different platforms.
- Make use of smart SEO tactics to draw customers with intelligent and structured content. This will channelise the right kind of audience for lead conversions.
- White spaces impacts the website visitor and has to be used wisely. Breathing space avoids distraction and increases conversion rate.
- Defining the end goal first, helps determine the actions that the user has to take through the stages of the sales funnel.
- Avoid cookie cutter website templates which may compromise on the quality of your page. Make your designer tailor the page for lead generation rather than having fancy appearances.
- Use of trust seals on your website guarantees the security and benefits to your consumers thus leading to greater conversion rates.
- Videos that speak to the user have a comparative advantage over simple ads. Videos can bridge the gap and increase conversion rates, as viewing it makes user feel more informed and confident about their purchase.
- Rich media tools such as audio-video are very powerful. These can be used to enhance the credibility of testimonials. Heavy band-width can be avoided using black and white photos. Testimonials are to be backed by solid quotes.
- KISS-Keep it Short and Simple. Actual lead generation forms should be easy to access on the pages and simple enough to make users share their details. Provide visual cues and enticing offers to be noticeable.
Thus, a website firstly needs to drive an increased number of traffics not only in quantity but also quality. Secondly, it has to be continuously improving to have an increased conversion rate of this traffic.
It is to be noted that:
- 55% more website traffic is generated for companies due to blogging. Hence, writing blog posts and articles with targeted keywords helps rank your website higher.
- These popular blogs in turn could be shared on social media or sent via emails. 67% more leads are generated due to blogging.
- Testing different versions of websites is important to know which acts best for lead generation and conversion.