Content marketers work hard to produce the posts that make up a significant portion of a content marketing strategy. Today there are several competing content experts whose content wants to find a way breaking through all the search and social noise. Regardless of how excellent your content is, if no one is reading it, it won’t have an impression.
When you are aware of the competition in the marketplace, relying on search is not enough. Then how will you make your content reach your potential customers?
Expect nobody reads your post. The social share count flies just a little above zero, like a vulture hungrily sighting its prey, waiting patiently for it to die. What kind of cruel God could allow such a tragedy to unfold? What went wrong? What unseen, malicious hand caused your post to fail?
Is it that, you didn’t amplify your content?
Content amplification is an amazingly great technique. If done correctly, it can deliver incredible outcomes and traffic for your website servers expanding your audience immensely, build your brand firmly at the top in your industry, with new opportunities to drive leads and sales.
Here, we are going to take an exhaustive glimpse at content amplification. First, we will define what content amplification is, before taking a look at various reasons why it is such a necessary part of your wider digital marketing strategy. Finally, we will talk about how to do content amplification in a series of extremely actionable strategies you can execute right away, as well as the tools you will need to get the job achieved.
Content Amplification, What is it?
Content amplification is the means by which you can help your content reach a significantly broad audience, therefore, “amplifying” the signal of your content.
The practice of amplification comprises many individual techniques, strategies, and methods of amplifying the influence of your content. Content amplification is an umbrella term for numerous unique strategies.
- Using paid search to turn awareness of your latest white paper? You are amplifying your content.
- Running Facebook ads to create buzz about your latest eBook? You are amplifying your content.
- Leveraging influencers and their large networks to get the word out about your latest infographic? You are amplifying your content.
Now that we know what is content amplification let’s have a look at why it’s so essential to the success of your content marketing strategy.
Why is it so essential to amplify the content?
Creating high-quality content is necessary. But what’s even more essential than that is strategizing how to get that content pushed out to reach most potential customers. That’s where content amplification comes in. Below are the reasons why one should amplify the content:
- Your content is not just the best out there in marketplace.
- Your Business is Not Unique
- Your Customers are Blasted With Information
- Sharing Content Is Not Content Amplification
- You Need to Create a Brand name, Not Just A Business
How can you amplify the content on social media?
By creating an advertising flow to your content ecosystem, You can achieve this flow in five simple steps:
- Create rich content such as blog posts, eBooks, or guides.
- Share the content on various social channels.
- Discover what content is popular based on network activity(likes, shares, comments, retweets, reposts, etc.).
- Promote your most popular content using ad units like Facebook Promoted Posts, Twitter Promoted Tweets, and LinkedIn Sponsored Updates.
- Attract new visitors and leads who engage with your content via social media advertising.
- Add buzzwords that increases the searchability.
- Customize the content as per the platform.
- Add hashtags as it increases the searchability.
- Use of tools to help streamline your content amplification to get the most out of your content and website e.g.Ninja Outreach, Edgar, Zapier.