Conversions are the money makers or the cash cows of B2B marketing, and it is from them, that the cash flows in. Running a lead generating campaign is easy, but if leads don’t convert into business opportunities and those opportunities are not turned into deals, it is not worth the effort.
As per Hubspot, around 70% of marketers say converting leads is their top priority. But when it comes to conversions they are the most difficult thing to achieve. 42 per cent of B2B marketing professionals are of the view that their biggest challenge is to convert leads into customers and 25 per cent don’t even know their lead conversion rate.
Here are 7 Ways to increase your B2B lead conversion rates
1. Create content that is relevant and valuable
- Write educational blogs and thought leadership articles which tell the readers what actionable advice they can apply rather than telling the reader what to do.
- Create thought-provoking content which leaves the reader with something to think about. You need to ask the correct questions so that he learns something from your articles.
- Add videos, images, gifs and even podcasts to the articles you write, making it more engaging. Adding different visuals to the content make it more appealing to the different learning styles which your readers may have.
2. Create landing pages that work
Landing pages are one of the most important elements of lead generation.
- First and foremost, you need to remove the main navigation elements. Remove the additional header and footer navigation from your landing page. The landing page is only for one single objective (lead capture) and intended to generate high-value b2b leads or score conversions.
- Write a clear and concise headline. A meaningful and direct copy with a clear value proposition can improvise conversion rates.
- It’s also important to analyse while creating landing pages, where your business will get most of its conversions from? Is it a desktop or mobile? You need to build your marketing campaign accordingly to target niche segments of your potential customers.
3. Make your calls-to-action persuasive
- A good calls-to-action (CTA) drives people to your content offers. The offers can turn out to be useless if the CTAs aren’t effective at capturing people’s attention and persuading them to the click.
- You need to place your CTAs where the eyes can see the best. They do best above the fold, where the space of your web page is viewable to the user without scrolling down. And as per heat map analysis, anything below the fold will be viewed by 50% of people who visit your page. As your impressions are doubled on your CTAs, you can significantly increase your lead count.
- There are chances of your CTAs going unnoticed if your CTA totally blends in too much with the website design. You need to use contrasting colours to make the CTA stand out, and moreover, use of design should be done in such a manner that it is clear that it is a clickable call-to-action.
4. Unleash lead flows to the maximum
Lead flows can help you deliver a pop-up if the reader stays on a page for a certain amount of time before the bounce. For example, if you come to know through analytics, that someone stays on a high converting page for 45 seconds before they bounce, consider using lead flows to deliver subscription pop-ups. This will give enough time to provide them with a re-engagement opportunity before they bounce off the site.
5. Concentrate on leads that are high quality
You need to implement the best inbound marketing method to attract quality traffic and turn them into paying customers. The conversion rate can increase just by funnelling more high-quality leads in. In case you have not analysed your target audience, you need to look at your top of the funnel.
6. Be credible always
When trust is hard to achieve with strangers, all you need to do is establish credibility with success stories and testimonials, have loyal clients who use your services talk about it and consider offering a free demo or free consultation to generate trust on your brand to increase conversion and acquire more customers.
7. Go that extra mile to retarget your audience
Retargeting is the best bet for marketers as there’s a longer buyer cycle, with a reduced likelihood of low consideration impulse purchases. Buyer decisions are reached after a much focused detailed deliberation, a long and sustained period of thought and research. Here’s why there is a good chance of conversion as your prospect has already visited your website and travelled down the sales funnel a bit. Retargeting advertisements could help you in brand recalling and stay top of mind with your customers.
To conclude, we can say the best method to increase conversions is to constantly try new ways to attract potential clients, new ways of talking to them, and new ways to close the deal. Try a few of the points above and see if you can increase your b2b conversions. Small changes can make a big difference, and the big difference can drive real results.